lundi 1 décembre 2014

change to www from naked domain impact on seo


I have set up my website from the beginning to be used without the www, ie 'naked', with the following command at .htacess and everything is working fine.


RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.soeezauto.ma [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*) http://soeezauto.ma/ [R=301,L]


Now, I have placed the website on Cloudflare for optimization reasons and it seems that they are only able to handle www domains ( if you come through a partner host, which is my case ), so I need to change my domain to work as www.mydomain.com


My main concerns are:




  • losing INDEXATION




  • losing HISTORICAL DATA on Analytics/Webmaster




  • make sure all the web pages I have out there without www will show normally when I change to www.mydomain.com




This is what I found so far:




  • in Google Webmaster in website settings, favorite domains, it is marked as not defined, meaning neither mydomain.com nor www.mydomain.com are selected. So, should I leave as is or should I choose www.domain.com ? Or is it something else I should do?




  • in Google Analytics I found this article. Is it fine to do like that?




  • in .htaccess RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.mydomain.com [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*) http://ift.tt/Rvl2Tu [R=301,L]




Also, I read in this question, that I should REDIRECT ALL OF MY WEB PAGES to WWW via .htaccess. Is that the case? I have about 4000 pages out there. It will slow the server down quite a lot I believe to have such a huge .htaccess.


Will that work? Last thing I want is to mess this up and lose data/indexation, not to mention have the site inaccessible to my visitors.


I appreciate any guidance.


Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire