mardi 2 décembre 2014

Auto-updating RSS feeds from page content divs


My site has about 40 separate RSS feeds cordoned off in their own directories. For years I maintained these quite easily using the Dreamfeeder Dreamweaver extension. When I created and published a new alert (an HTML page in the same dir as the .rss file) and "processed" the feed (this involved simply clicking a gear icon), Dreamfeeder would automatically update the .rss file with a new item (extracting the headline and body content from the new HTML file in its respective directory based on div ids). I could then publish the updated .rss file, where Twitter would find the new content within 30 minutes and tweet it (using TwitterFeed).


This was an extremely effective process (though the one-time initial setup for each feed was a bit involved). Problem now is that Dreamfeeder has not been developed since 2009 and is not compatible beyond Dreamweaver 5. Having recently upgraded to Dreamweaver CC, for the life of me I can find anything even approaching a suitable substitute. I keep landing back at FeedForAll, but near as I can tell FFA can't scan directories for new files or extract content from HTML based on div ids, and instead feed items have to be copied and pasted into FFA by hand. Unless I'm missing something...?


So in effect, upgrading Dreamweaver has clunked up my process. I miss the elegance of the old way.


Any suggestions on tools that can accomplish this task? No amount of Googling has turned up anything useful yet, and I'm just Googling in circles now. I don't care whether the solution is integrated into Dreamweaver (in fact, it would be more flexible if it wasn't), I just don't want to have to go back to manually updating dozens of RSS feeds. Any input is appreciated.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire