samedi 29 novembre 2014

Are there any CMS's that will handle mobile only websites?


I'm looking to build multiple mobile websites. I do not want responsive designs because I'm finding that they all seem to have problems here or there regarding the way they respond. On top of that, I have researched to find that mobile only sites can have up to a 400% conversion rate over their responsive counter parts.


The advantages for my use is: Cleaner, less cluttered content Lighter, not as many assets getting passed to the mobile device resulting in a quicker experience for the user.


The disadvantage that I do not like is the fact that with a bigger screen (i.e. 10" tablets) the mobile only sites look a little silly.


So here is what I would like:



  1. Responsive designs to be served to large tablets and desktops.

  2. Mobile only sites to be served to anything smaller. (on subdomain)

  3. The option to force the responsive design if the user wants the full site experience on their phone for some reason.


I've been using Joomla for years. So, I can get my responsive designs that way no problem. I would like to find a system that I can easily build mobile-only sites. Ideally, it would be something that I can get themes for so that I can then just use a WYSIWYG editor to add content. Preferably with the ability to add different types of pages, some with video links, some with google maps, some with lists of products, etc.


I recently signed up for Brick & Mobile and I liked their system, but I find that it is too expensive for my needs. I would like to get something that is either very low cost or preferably open-source.


Can anyone here please point me in the direction of software/frameworks/cms's that are designed and focused around mobile-only sites?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire